10 reasons why Italian players will miss the World Cup
The football season will be cancelled in Italy and the country’s elite squad will miss out on the World Rugby Cup, according to the International Rugby Board.
The board announced on Tuesday that it will not take place on February 15, as it would have caused undue disruption to the 2018 World Cup.
It also said it will consider postponing the 2019 World Cup for a longer period.
“The 2019 World Rugby Sevens tournament will be postponed until March 20, 2020,” it said.
“There will be no international Rugby World Cup.”
The announcement comes just days after Italian rugby fans were furious after their national team was eliminated in the World Series of Rugby.
They staged a protest in front of the national team’s hotel in Rome after the tournament’s results were announced on Monday.
The game was called off early in the third period after a scrum involving both sides was called by referee Dan McCaw.
The incident came as the players were being led off the field by security officials following the result of the World War II.
“They took our shirts, ripped our jerseys and threw them at us,” said Gianni De Noli, one of the players involved in the protest.
“This is a disgusting crime against the players.
We will not accept it.”
The World Rugby has apologised for the incident, which occurred at a tournament which saw the Italian national team win the tournament.
“I can’t tell you the seriousness of what happened at the World Sevens,” the board said in a statement.
“We have been deeply affected by the events that unfolded on Saturday night, which have now impacted our members’ physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.”
We will be taking the necessary steps to restore the World XV and ensure the safety of all involved.
“The game, which had been called off just hours before it was due to kick off, was due in Rome but was postponed.
“In football there is always the need to be prepared, and to prepare at a very early stage, in order to have a chance to make things right.” “
It’s an absolute tragedy,” said Italian national coach Giuseppe Baroni.
“In football there is always the need to be prepared, and to prepare at a very early stage, in order to have a chance to make things right.”
The Italian Football Federation has confirmed it will carry out an internal investigation into the incident.